Get most out of your glutes by strengthening them with bodyweight exercises, since they have better reasons to exists than just alluring in those apple-bottom jeans. We make it easier for you to workout at home without requiring large equipment.
1. Hip Drive
- Pull legs together, sit on your knees so that your butt stays on your heels.
- Lift your butt, rise to a kneeling position and lower slowly.
2. Hip Thrust
- Lie down with your face up, knees bent with feet hip-width apart.
- Under your shoulders, place hands on the ground with fingers facing away from your body.
- With the help of your glutes, lift hips forming a table-top position.
- Slowly lower to the ground.
3. Glute Bridge
- Lie down with your face up, knees bent with feet shoulder-width apart.
- Lift your hips off the ground using glutes and lower down slowly.
- Chair squat jump- Sit on a chair, back straight, feet hip-width apart. Use glutes to jump straight up and land lightly.
- Diagonal squat- Standing position with arms at your side, feet wider than hip width, sending your hips backs, step right foot back diagonally and bend the right knee keeping left leg straight.
- Place left foot on the chair, step-up using left glute and straightening left leg and descends slowly.
- For hip drive step-up, step left foot forward using glutes and hamstrings to rise. Place right foot on step engaging glutes and hamstrings to step up. Then step back down using right foot, return to a kneeling position followed by a seated position.
- Side lunge shift- Place your right foot to the side keeping hips back, bend your right knee into a side lunge. Keeping this posture, move to the other side to bent your left knee with straight right leg. Push off the left foot and continue.
- Walking lunge- Step forward with right foot, use hamstrings and glutes to lower your position to form a lunge. Continue with left leg and move forward.
- Hip-lift- Lie down, face-up with bent knees with feet shoulder-width apart and arms on your sides. Hug right knee with both arms moving knee to the chest. Then with left glute push up to raise hips. Then lower down, switch legs and continue.
8. Power Skip
- Stand with right foot in front and left at the back.
- From a lunge, start to jump up keeping raising left knee high and right foot off the ground.
- Descends slowly.
9. Swiss-ball hip raise
- Lie face-up, place your lower legs ball.
- Lift your hips up to form a straight body posture from shoulders to knees.
- Roll the ball pulling heels toward you, closer to butt.
- Pause and reverse motion.
- Lie on left keeping right leg on top of left leg, heels aligned with hips and knees bending at 45 degrees.
- Feet aligned, raise your right knee keeping pelvis still.
- Pause, resume your position Keeping your left leg in its position.